We're all constantly trying to improve the way we work as freelancers. And there's plenty of guidance online, not least on Creative Boom. But passively consuming general advice will only get you so far. If you want to take your freelance practice to the next level, you need real-time guidance that's tailored towards your specific needs and goals.
That's exactly what Studio is about. This membership-based service helps creative freelancers grow their businesses in two ways.
Firstly, it offers interactive online workshops focused on taking practical action to help you find more clients, do better work and earn more money.
And secondly, it enables you to join a curated community of creative freelancers who provide accountability and support to one another.
Facing challenges together
This community is made up of a diverse range of creative freelancers in the United States, Europe, and Canada, including photographers, designers, filmmakers, illustrators, painters, sculptors, visual effects experts, writers and more – some of which you can see on this page.
Whatever kind of creative freelancer you are, we all face the same common challenges. These include, for instance:
- I take projects that don't pay me what I'm worth.
- I spend too much time on admin work.
- I feel isolated and crave a creative community.
- I can't stand it when clients ghost me.
- I have to do everything myself.
- I struggle with self-doubt and imposter syndrome.
Studio's community and workshops help freelancers face up to and overcome these challenges in ways that actually work in the real world.
You'll discover how to attract clients that align with your values; increase your income and get paid promptly; set boundaries to prioritise the things you love, and run your creative business confidently.
Live and interactive
Studio's workshops are not pre-recorded like many courses for freelancers. They are live, interactive online events led by Studio co-founder Brian Martinez, who is also a public speaker, certified business coach, and serial entrepreneur.
Fundamentally, Studio is focused on actionable steps to improve your career as a freelancer. Yes, you'll be able to access a range of superb resources, including frameworks, playbooks, strategies, and even scripts to use on calls and emails. But the core value of Studio is action.
For example, members will often be prompted to do something in the middle of a workshop to get them results. It's this kind of dynamic approach that can really make the difference in boosting your potential as a freelancer.
Workshop topics include the following:
- Crafting your creative vision, goals and mindset
- Immediate wins with past clients and advocates
- Getting Paid What You're Worth (The Art of Pricing)
- Landing dream projects part 1: Who to contact (and how)
- Landing dream projects part 2: What to pitch (exact scripts)
- Negotiating: how to get that $50,000 project
- Scaling yourself: going from solopreneur to a collective
- The next level: where to go once you have abundance.
Studio membership costs $249/month, and this professional service and community offers to make a real difference to both your earning power and job satisfaction. Find out more about Studio here.